Brands have always monitored what is written about them, but social listening gives organisations unrivalled opportunities to find out exactly what customers and potential customers think and feel about them.
Social listening tools allow you to track mentions of your organisation, your product and your services. More importantly, they allow you to quickly identify negative conversations, and any potential brand crisis allowing you to work with your PR, customer service and social media teams to resolve issues. Additionally, social listening can monitor positive sentiment, emotion and intent to purchase. It can even predict what people will think of a future product or service.
Creating an effective social listening solution can be complex, but Emoderation has the experience to help guide you and ensure that you are set up for effective monitoring.
How social listening can help your brand
Our social media experts can scale social listening to your brand’s needs, monitoring brand mentions in all the countries you operate, and in multiple languages if required. We can provide support to your own social media manager or in-house activities, or support you with individual initiatives. These include:
- social media crisis monitoring and crisis communications – quickly identifying issues and guiding you how to respond appropriately on different social media channels
- identifying online influencers – to see if they can become advocates for your brand
- monitoring sentiment – to understand what is being said, by who and where; we can also advise on turning around negative sentiment
- product development – gathering feedback to understand customer response to new or existing products
- customer service – listening to customer conversations and implementing their feedback in your business
- buzz tracking – around specific marketing campaigns, press releases, slogans or seasonal promotions
- reputation management – addressing issues and tackling them quickly
- competitor analysis – understand the latest trends and sentiment in your industry sector
- joining the conversation – listening allows you to be proactive and talk back to consumers and fans
Picking the right social listening tool
There are a lot of different tools available on the market, with varying price tags and capabilities. We can help you select a tool based on your needs and we can even prepare a tool set to ensure the right data is available for your brand’s social listening project. If you already have a social listening tool we can use that.
Once you have gathered the data, you may need expert help to analyse it and provide you with insights. We can provide regular reports to present you with topical highlights, statistical analysis of your audience and their brand sentiment, and recommendations on the social media insight gathered during monitoring. This can help define and drive your social media strategy and brand marketing.