Did you know that a whopping 62% of us use social media while watching TV, an 18 percent point increase in one year? That 25% of consumers use social media to discuss what they are watching while they are watching it?* We’re not content to just watch passively any more. We want to share, we want to comment, we want to question.
Savvy brands are using all the channels at their disposal to generate a buzz around the events they are associated with. That’s what eModeration’s latest white paper is all about. CEO Tamara Littleton explains how to use social media to make the most of an event – whether owned, public or invite-only.
With some great examples, from Obama’s Google+ hangout to the MTV EMA and Dr Who YouTube Q&As, the guide also includes suggestions for tools and techniques to use to manage social channels during the event.
- How to use social media to promote events
- How to extend the live experience, whether for a sports event, entertainment TV show, fashion show, political election or a conference
- Examples of events which have used social media to enhance the live experience
- Managing specific types of events, such as live chats, comment participation, live tweeting and blogging, and audience Q&As
- Managing and curating social media for live events, to keep the content fresh and relevant to your audience
- In-depth focus on YouTube, Google+ and Twitter
- Free tools to help you manage your event
Managing Social Media Around Live Events is free to download from our website.