Applications for this post have now closed. Thanks to all who have applied: you will be contacted shortly.
Role: Account Manager – UK
Closing date: Friday, December 7. Interviews will take place the following week.
Start date: As soon as possible in 2013
To apply: Applicants should send CV and cover letter to Ashley Cooksley, VP of Client Services and Business Development firstname.lastname@example.org
eModeration, the leading social media management agency, is looking to hire a full time Social Media Account Manager for the UK to start in the new year. Candidates must have previous client-facing experience, be social media savvy, have good knowledge of eModeration’s key services (moderation, community management, social media consultancy, social media crisis communications), have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working either for or with, creative, digital or advertising agencies. Traveling to see London-based clients on a regular basis is required, so the ideal candidate will live not too far from London.
Title: Account Manager
Reports to: VP of Client Services and Business Development
Purpose: Responsible for maintaining client relationships, ensuring the delivery of agreed service levels, and driving new business from existing clients.
- Maintain client relationships
- Deliver service delivery levels
- Manage the start-up of new projects
- Drive new business from existing clients
- Maintain positive relationships with your clients by providing a high quality of service.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to drive new business from existing clients.
- Be knowledgeable of all of eModeration’s services to be able to confidently discuss with clients.
- Proactively ensure quality of service by reviewing quality assurance work carried out by Lead Community Managers or Project Group Managers and liaising with clients regularly.
- Ongoing evaluation of your current projects to make suggestions for project improvement such as adjusting hours and changing processes where necessary.
- Raise any resourcing or performance issues that are communicated to you to the appropriate Senior Community Manager or Production Manager.
- Check and prepare invoicing information for projects.
- Manage contracts, both initial and renewal.
- Manage the implementation of tool changes for existing clients.
- Manage the start up of new projects including producing relevant documentation and information, and ensuring that the project team is ready to start.
- Use client contact activities tools and systems (e.g. CRM), and ensure these systems are kept updated.
- Check client reports for internal issues and quality, and also adding qualitative analysis for the client.
- Act as the channel of communications between Lead Community Managers or Project Group Managers and clients.
- Report on overall client status to management staff on a weekly basis.
- Keep Lead Community Managers or Project Group Managers and other relevant staff informed about any changes to the project – for example new shift times or management tools.
- Communicate new shift requirements to the Resources Manager.
- Attend and present at external client meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Contribute to peer appraisals where required.
- Be able to travel to London on a regular basis for client and internal meetings.
- Work according to the company values.
Account Managers do not line-manage Lead Community Managers, Project Group Managers, Community Managers or Moderators, however they are responsible for ensuring overall customer satisfaction and maintaining good relations with their clients for all of their projects. Account Managers, Lead Community Managers, Project Group Managers, Client Services and the Business Development teams should all work together to achieve company goals.
The role is home-based but will involve some work in our central London office and travel to clients. Good internet connection essential.
Desired Skills & Experience
The Account Manager will have worked in a customer-facing environment, have project management skills, will have moderation or community management experience, and will be extremely social media savvy. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience either working for or with creative, digital or advertising agencies.
Skills and personal qualities
- The ability to juggle several tasks at once – excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Self motivated.